Life with HIV can still be fulfilling! -@21



Peaceful Kgomo from Siyabuswa in Mpumalanga tries to ensure that people are informed about the virus.


PEACEFUL Kgomo’s life hit rock bottom when she tested HIV-positive last May.
The 21-year-old from Siyabuswa in Mpumalanga said when she and her friends decided to get tested, she got the shock of her life.
“The nurse told me that I was HIV-positive.”

Peaceful said she felt as if her life was over.
“I lost all hope in life. I still don’t know how or when I got infected,” she added.
Peaceful said after days of tears and sleepless nights, with the help of her family she managed to pull herself together.
“I had an option: to give up on life or to take this as a challenge. My sister and her friends played a big role in helping me get back on my feet.”
After the shock, Peaceful decided to reach out to other young people who are going through the same pain.
“My journey made me realise that most young people in my area are ignorant when it comes to HIV/Aids and knowing their status.”
Today, Peaceful holds HIV/Aids awareness campaigns in her area.
“I tell my story in the hope of saving those who are HIV-negative.
“I want people to be more informed about the virus and to know that being HIV-positive is not a death sentence.”

DATING WITH BOUNCER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram